Apr 30, 2020
John became a Christian in 1983 while attending Louisiana State
University. After receiving a BS in Civil Engineering, he married
his beautiful wife Barri. John then went to Harding University
Graduate School of Religion where he received a Master’s in
Religion. Together, John and Barri have led thriving ministries in
Memphis, Baton Rouge, San Francisco, Sacramento, St Louis, Bangkok,
Manila, and Denver and have spoken to hundreds of thousands of
people all over the world. They now lead the Des Moines Church of
Christ in Des Moines, Iowa. They have two wonderful daughters and a
son in law, all of whom live in Colorado. In his free time, John
enjoys archery, bowhunting, and being a YouTube creator for his
channel Lusk Archery Adventures.
- How did you become a Christian?
- Who were some of your early models or inspiration in
- How did you develop the tools to preach, what was your
- What are the three most common errors or mistakes you see
- If a person wants to preach "big" and authority and impact,
what do they need to know?
- What are the steps or template you follow to writing a great
- What does a beginner need to know or avoid?
- Tell me about your "pre-game" ritual. What do you do
before you speak?
- How long does it take you to prepare a conference-level
- What about your speaking sets it apart? What can
people take away if they want to improve?
- Tell me about your biggest embarrassment or setback in the
- What do you consider a "golden moment" in your preaching?
- What advice would you give to people who are shy by nature
or terrified of public speaking?
- Is speaking something your born with or can you learn to be a
- Your wife, Barri, is an excellent speaker. Did you help
her or did she pick that up on her own? How has Barri
developed her skills?
- Tell me about something that keeps your spiritual fire and
ambition burning brightly. What gets you up in the
- What advice would you give a person, man or woman, who wants to
make a difference and live "no regrets" life?
- What would you tell a younger man or woman who has leadership
- Do you have any regrets, anything you wish you could do over or
- Tell me about a time when you came back from a setback or
- What advice would you give to people who are dealing with
failure or discouragement?
- You are an expert in archery and bowhunting, how did that
- Tell me how you balance your passion for hunting with your
preaching and ministry?