Jun 27, 2022
Thanks for listening! Please support the Rob Skinner
Podcast on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/robskinner.
Today I’m talking to Jimmy Black (31) from Bowling Green
Kentucky. He and his wife, Katherine, planted a church in
Bowling Green, Kentucky that started with 12 people and more than
doubled in 14 months. In this episode Jimmy talks about:
- How he left his engineering job with Hitachi to plant a new
- How he tackled a mountain of school loans to be able to pursue
his ministry dreams
- One question he uses to strengthen disciples weakened by the
- How one member’s challenge to “Stop waiting and start being
faithful” spurred growth in his church this year
- His goal that everyone in his church is in a Bible study and
how he managed to get a church of 25 members to have 26 active
Bible studies with seekers
- How being faithful is more important than being successful
- One secret he learned from Phil Knight, the founder of
- How did you become a Christian?
- How did you meet?
- What were you doing prior to living in Bowling Green?
- Why a mission team to Bowling Green?
- I heard you started with 12 members and doubled the first
year. How'd you do that?
- What have you done during COVID to keep the church
- What are your plans moving forward?
- Why should someone consider either going on or leading a
- Any advice for someone who wants to make this life count?